Online English teaching jobs, either focused on conversational or business English, offer a great opportunity to teach non-English speakers around the world. Unlike other teaching jobs, the requirements aren’t stringent. Your native understanding of the language and its intricacies are good enough as skills to become an online English teacher.
The market for online English teachers is increasing with more and more people, especially from non-English speaking countries, willing to learn proper use of English. We have covered some of the best online English teaching jobs in this article along with other necessary aspects. Let’s go!
Online English Teaching Jobs
- You need to be proficient in English. It doesn’t matter whether you have a degree or not, although having one certainly helps. Your normal conversational English certainly won’t working as far as teaching online is concerned. You need to be aware of grammar, punctuation, phonetics, and much more.
- Teaching isn’t boring anymore, for students as well as teachers. A lot of teachers put fun elements in different ways to increase student’s interaction level, incite curiosity, and make them understand easier. It helps to remove the drag usually associated with teaching a language.
- See the above point. Use tools and teaching aides as much as possible. Merely having a whiteboard and markers won’t do the job. At the least, it would not certainly justify online teaching to a good extent. Use of software, tools, and learning aides such as cue cards, posters etc. impart a good impression.
Quest>Questions To Ask Before Applying For Online English Teaching Jobscertain questions you should be able to answer favourably before you head to seek online English teaching jobs, a standard set is as follows :
- Is there a need of a degree?
- Does the website accept applications from your country?
- Is an ESL certification such as TEFL certificate required?
- What is the number of working hours?
- Provision of changing schedule or flexibility options?
- What are students’ demographics – age, proficiency level, and nationality?
- What’s the payment structure, per class, per hour, or fixed?
- Provision of cancellation, from student’s or your end?
Best Companie>Best Companies Offering Online English Teaching Jobswww.teachaway.com/schools/itutorgroup" target="_blank" rel="noopener">iTutorGroup
This company demands candidates to have a bachelor’s degree for online English teaching jobs. Candidates must have a TESOL or equivalent. Students will be from Taiwan of different age groups. Teachers here can get up to $24 per hour. Bonuses are rewarded too based on the number of students in the class and ratings given by the students. Teachers must teach at least for 10 peak hours per week. It includes 4 hours at weekends. Tutors from USA, Canada, and UK are sought after by the company. 1 year experience in teaching is also needed.
The base salary here is $7 to $9 per lesson. It can increase too based on your performance and credentials. On the top of it, there are performance bonus opportunities too. $1 is given for being punctual and another $1 is given for teaching more than 45 classes a month.
You can select the schedule you want to teach in; there are many 25 minute slots to teach. Booking of teachers is done one week in advance. If you fail to show up or cancel a class at least 24 hours before the schedule, the fee will be deducted from your pay. On the other hand, if a student doesn’t show up or cancels the lesson, you will get full payment in major class.
You can apply for the teacher job sitting anywhere in the world. As a teacher, you will have to provide your weekly availability. A minimum of 2 hours, two days per week is necessary. Based on your schedule, DaDa will assign students to you. For changing your existing schedule, you will have to give a notice, a minimum of 30 days. In case your slot doesn’t get filled and your standing time is greater than 30 minutes, you get half payment for the period.
All teachers get a base pay of $16 per hour with an attendance bonus of $1 for being on time. Additional benefits include performance bonus. The schedule of classes will be issued on the website or app. You can check it on weekly basis on Sunday evenings. You can request changes in your schedule if you notify the team 24 hours in advance.
Continuum Education ServicesContinuum Education Servicesuitment agency which gets leads to companies about English language teachers and tutors. All the companies they work for offer a minimum base pay. Also, teachers are at a great advantage of choosing their own working hours. You are required to be a native English speaker to work for CES. Also, TESOL/TEFL certification is necessary. If you don’t have one, you will have to procure it within 90 days.
There are >Summaryoffering online English teaching jobs. Not all companies demand a certification or a bachelor’s degree although it certainly helps in getting more dollars per hour. You can teach students from around the world which is a great opportunity for cultural exposure too. And the job is well rewarding too with great salary, performance bonuses, and extra wages.
Before applying, always pay close attention to the terms and conditions, especially working hours. You don’t want to mess up your existing schedule or job, trying to fit in this new hustle. Then, check for your class students’ range and if there’s any need of additional aides. Let us know which company appealed you the most. Also let us know of any past experience in online teaching or even learning, for that matter!